Salary: £16,000.00 to £16,500.00 /year
Simply Supply are working with a local preschool in Portchester, Fareham and they have an opportunity for an experienced, dedicated and qualified Nursery Practitioner to join their team on a permanent basis.
If you have previous experience of working with children aged 0-5 years and are a qualified Nursery Practitioner with at least a Level 2 certificate in Childcare; then we’d like to hear from you.
The position is full time, working 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday – just 49 weeks a year – you must be passionate about working with and supporting young children at such a vital time in their early lives.
Responsibilities and Duties of Nursery Practitioner
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- To help to set up the room(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager/supervisor of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
Qualifications and Skills of Nursery Practitioner
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent)
- Previous childcare experience working with 0-5 year olds
- Have a good level of both written and verbal communication
- Willingness to learn.
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Knowledge of Safeguarding/child protection procedures.
Benefits for Nursery Nurse
- Salary of £16,000 – £16,500 depending on skills and experience
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY
Go to all jobs