Salary: £27,000.00 to £29,000.00 /year
Simply Supply are currently working on behalf of a lovely Nursery located in Petersfield who are new Nursery Manager to run the setting.
The Nursery is a 40 place farm school who have access to various animals, play facilities and a working farm to explore and learn on.
As the Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Nursery as recruiting, training, supervising and supporting the rest of the team.
You must ensure that there is a varied programme of play every day and your highest priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
Essential Key Tasks
- To safeguard children through following correct procedures, including carrying out risk assessments as well and making/assisting with referrals.
- Act as the Safeguarding Officer for the Nursery.
- To manage all staff as well as being responsible for the rota, holidays, cover and ratios.
- Ensure that all records of children are properly maintained and monitored.
- To always be a good role model to staff, students, parents and children.
- Support the Nursery Directors to deliver the nursery business plan.
- To work with the Nursery Directors in order to manage Nursery budgets.
- To attend relevant training courses and meetings.
- To liaise with OFSTED and Social Services.
- To organise the key person system.
- A minimum of a Level 5 qualification within Early Years or Childcare (Lv 6 Desirable)
- First Aid, Safeguarding & Equal Opportunities Training (Desirable)
- Sound knowledge of Safeguarding and Childcare Legislation
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach (Desirable)
- Previous experience of managing staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
About Simply Supply:
- We work SOLELY with primary, secondary and SEN schools, early years organisations and day nurseries across Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth.
- Our dedicated and experienced Consultants are very specialist in these fields and will provide you with their expert knowledge to help secure the right role for you.
After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to attend an interview at our Fareham office. You will be required to provide us with 3 references, 2 of these being teaching or childcare related.
Apply today for more information!
Go to all jobs