Salary: £115.00 to £162.00 /day
- Simply Supply are working in partnership with a very good secondary school in Andover, Hampshire who have an opening for an experienced and qualified Geography Teacher for the summer term 2018.
- We would like to hear from qualified Teachers who have Qualified Teacher Status and recent UK based classroom experience, teaching Geography at GCSE level. The school expect excellent standards of teaching; and you will work as part of a close team to ensure that these standards and maintained and delivered.
- This full-time position is due to start ASAP and will require no further commitment, unless desired.
- You will be offered a pay rate which is competitive based on your previous teaching experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities in the role of Geography Teacher
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
- Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
- Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
- Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
Qualifications and skills
- Teachers must hold their Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS)
- You must hold a relevant teaching qualification and be able to teach Geography in a UK secondary school
- Applicants must have recent classroom-based experience and be familiar with the UK curriculum
Benefits of working with Simply Supply:
- Established & professional agency specialising solely in the education sector in Hampshire
- Competitive rates of pay ranging between £115 – £162 per day
- Dedicated consultant that has an in-depth knowledge of schools local to you
- Preferred suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
- Bespoke online management system – including online timesheets
If you are shortlisted for this position you will be required to register with Simply Supply in our offices in Fareham where you will have a face to face interview with our experienced Consultants; we will need to take up a minimum of three employment and/or academic references, including your most recent employer.
Go to all jobs