Salary: £119.00 to £162.00 /day
- Simply Supply are actively recruiting an experienced and qualified English Teacher with QTS to cover a short term contract, starting ASAP until July 2018 to be based within one of our reputable client schools in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
- The schools itself is large in size, on the outskirts of Portsmouth but easily accessible via public transport and has a good track record for top results within its English department.
- This is a full-time contract starting after the Easter break, and could potentially lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
- We are looking for applications from qualified English Teacher’s who hold QTS and are dedicated and enthusiastic; being keen to work as part of a close team whilst delivering the highest standards of teaching to both key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils.
Teaching responsibilities including
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
- Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
- Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
- Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
- Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
- Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
- Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
- You will be offered a daily pay rate ranging between £115-£162 and which is in keeping with your experience and the job requirements
- Ongoing support from SLT and colleagues
- Working as part of a close team
About Simply Supply
- We are a local Hampshire based independent business who are specialists in the education and childcare sector
- We work SOLELY with primary, secondary and SEN schools, early years organisations and day nurseries across Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth
- Our dedicated and experienced Consultants are very specialist in these fields and will provide you with their expert knowledge to help secure the right role for you
- We are preferred and recommended suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY
Go to all jobs