Salary: £9.00 to £12.00 /hour
As an experienced and qualified Support Worker / SEN LSA you will support children and young adults with varying disabilities by providing a wide range of services including:
- Providing full personal care
- Assisting with engaging age and ability appropriate activities
- Supporting child centred learning in a classroom environment
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Requirements of the role of Support Worker:
- Always working to achieve person centred care, trust and respect.
- Available to work full-time from 32 – 37 hours a week
- Various shifts available including school hours, evenings and weekends.
- Activities will include accessing opportunities in the community and encouraging independence skills.
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Support Worker:
- An appropriate NVQ certificate in Child Care or Teaching Support or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with autism, complex needs, MLD, cerebral palsy, visually impaired, SLD or other disabilities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
Benefits of the job:
- Competitive salary starting from £9.00 per hour
- Increased hourly wage for working unsocial hours
- Ongoing contracts in various SEN Schools in the local area
- School hours and term time option
In order to be considered for this role, contact Simply Supply today for further details
Go to all jobs