Salary: £9.00 to £12.00 /hour
Are you an experienced and qualified Support Workers or SEN Teaching Assistant looking for temporary supply work?
We can offer full and part time hours working with local schools and private organisations who require temporary help, offering as little as one day a week, up to 5 days.
You will be required to support children and young adults with varying disabilities by providing a wide range of services including:
- Providing full personal care
- Assisting with engaging age and ability appropriate activities
- Supporting child centred learning in a classroom environment
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Requirements of the role of Support Worker:
- Always working to achieve person centred care, trust and respect.
- Various shifts available including school hours, evenings and weekends.
- Activities will include accessing opportunities in the community and encouraging independence skills.
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Support Worker:
- An appropriate NVQ certificate in Child Care or Teaching Support or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with autism, complex needs, MLD, cerebral palsy, visually impaired, SLD or other disabilities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
Benefits of the job:
- Competitive salary starting from £9.00 per hour
- Increased hourly wage for working unsocial hours
- Ongoing contracts in various SEN Schools in the local area
- School hours and term time option
In order to be considered for this role, contact Simply Supply today for further details
Go to all jobs