Salary: £8.78 to £9.00 /hour
Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and keen to work in schools with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Do you have experience in supporting children or adults with Disabilities including; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
- We are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to work within local SEN schools who cater for pupils with varying special educational needs
- Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children or adults in a similar role and have necessary up to date training including Manual handling and Team Teach.
- You will support and take direction from the class teacher so you must work as part of a team
About Simply Supply
- Simply Supply is the only independent specialist education and childcare recruitment agency based solely in Hampshire and we are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants with special educational needs experience for immediate starts across the Portsmouth area.
- We can offer both day to day supply opportunities, as well as long term contracts with local SEN (and mainstream) schools
- We offer an extremely friendly and professional service to our candidates and clients alike, and take a lot of pride in the way that we work. Please call us today for more details.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be working with pupils with varying special educational needs
- You will be required to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups
- You will work as part of a very close team of staff
- You need to follow the direction of other permanent staff, including the class teacher to ensure the safety of the pupils is always a priority
- Manual handling may be required for these roles therefore up to date Manual Handling training is ideal
These positions are both full and part time, and we also have fantastic opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally candidates will hold a Grade C or above in English and Maths and hold a qualification in Special Educational Needs
- 6 months recent experience in this field is essential
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with children and/or adults with SEN
Benefits of the job:
- We offer supply pay rates between £8.78 – £9.00 per hour
- Flexible working to suit your needs
- Full and part time hours available
After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to attend an interview at our Fareham office. You will be required to provide us with 3 references, 2 of these being teaching or childcare related. If you do not have a DBS on the Update Service, then we can apply for another at a subsidised cost of £22.
Go to all jobs