Salary: £8.60 to £10.50 /hour
Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and keen to work in schools in Fareham and Gosport with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Do you have experience in supporting children or adults with Disabilities including; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD). If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Simply Supply is the only independent specialist education and childcare recruitment agency based solely in Hampshire and we are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants for immediate starts in the local areas including Fareham, Gosport, Portsmouth and Southampton.
We can offer both day to day supply opportunities, as well as long term contracts with local SEN and mainstream schools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- We are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to work within local SEN schools who cater for pupils with varying special educational needs including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
- Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children or adults in a similar role and have necessary up to date training including Manual handling and Team Teach.
- You will support and take direction from the class teacher so you must work as part of a team
Qualifications and Skills
- You will be required to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups
- Work as part of a very close team
- Follow the direction of other permanent staff including the class teacher
- Manual handling may be required for these roles therefore up to date Manual Handling training is ideal
- We offer supply pay rates between £8.60 – £10.50 per hour
- Flexible working to suit your needs
- Full and part time hours available
- Suitable applicants will be required to either undertake a new DBS or have a current DBS registered with the Update Service
- Applicants must also be able to provide a minimum of three professional references including your most recent employer (academic references can also be considered)
Please apply TODAY for more details.
Go to all jobs