Salary: £9.20 to £12.00 /hour
Are you an enthusiastic and qualified Teaching Assistant with SEN experience looking to work on a supply basis within local schools in Durham?
Do you have experience in supporting children or adults with Disabilities including; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
- We are currently recruiting qualified Teaching Assistants to work within local SEN schools in Durham and the surrounding areas who cater for pupils with varying special educational needs
- Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children in a similar role and have necessary up to date training including Manual handling and Team Teach.
- You will support and take direction from the class teacher so you must be able to work as part of a team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting pupils with varying special educational needs
- You will support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis and sometimes in small groups
- You will work as part of a very close team of staff
- Manual handling may be required for these roles therefore up to date Manual Handling training is ideal
We would like to hear from candidates who can work both full and part time. We also have opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates must be at least Level 2 qualified
- Hold a Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Ideally you will have a relevant Special Educational Needs qualification
- 6 months recent experience in this field is essential
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with children and/or adults with SEN
Benefits of the job:
- We offer supply pay rates between £9.20 – £12.00 per hour
- Flexible working to suit your needs
- Full and part time hours available
In order to be considered for this role candidates must be willing to register with Simply Supply Ltd and be able to conduct a face-to-face registration interview where we will carry out the necessary pre-employment checks including an up to date Enhanced DBS check and three satisfactory references.
Go to all jobs