Salary: £9.00 /hour
Are you an experienced and qualified Support Worker or Learning Support Assistant with SEN experience?
Do you have experience of supporting children and young adults with varying disabilities?
We are looking to recruit staff who can provide a wide range of services to pupils in a local SEN school, duties can include:
- Providing full personal care
- Assisting with engaging age and ability appropriate activities
- Supporting child centred learning in a classroom environment
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Applicants will always work to achieve person centred care, trust and respect. You must be able to work full time between 32 – 37 hours a week and be able to cover various shift pattern including school hours, evenings and weekends.
Qualifications and experience required
- Applicants must have an appropriate NVQ certificate in Child Care or Teaching Support or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with autism, complex needs, MLD, cerebral palsy, visually impaired, SLD or other disabilities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
Benefits of the job:
- Competitive salary starting from £9.00 per hour
- Increased hourly wage for working unsocial hours
- Ongoing contracts in various SEN Schools in the local area
- School hours and term time option
For further details or to apply, get in touch today and a member of our team will get back to you.
Go to all jobs