Salary: £9.20 to £10.00 /hour
Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and keen to work in schools with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Do you have experience in supporting children or adults with Disabilities including; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD). If so, we’d love to hear from you.
About Simply Supply:
- Simply Supply is the only independent specialist education and childcare recruitment agency based solely in Hampshire and West Sussex and we are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants for immediate starts across the Hampshire region.
- We can offer both day to day supply opportunities, as well as long term contracts with local Special Educational Needs (SEN) and mainstream schools
- We offer an extremely friendly and professional service to our candidates and clients alike, and take a lot of pride in the way that we work – you won’t be disappointed!
About the role of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- You will work within local SEN schools who cater for pupils with varying special educational needs including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
- Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children or adults in a similar role and have necessary up to date training including Manual handling and Team Teach.
- You will support and take direction from the class teacher so you must work as part of a team
Requirements of the role of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- You will be required to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups
- Work as part of a very close team
- Follow the direction of other permanent staff including the class teacher
- Manual handling may be required for these roles therefore up to date Manual Handling training is ideal
These positions are both full and part time, and we also have fantastic opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.
Simply Supply are currently working with schools across the whole county including Gosport, Fareham, Portsmouth, Havant, Petersfield, Bordon, Alton, Fleet, Farnborough, Hook, Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury, Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, Totton and the New Forest.
Benefits of the job:
- We offer pay rates of £10 per hour
- Flexible working to suit your needs
- Full and part time hours available
- Online timesheets and booking system
- Update your availability at the click of a button
- Suitable applicants will be required to either undertake a new DBS or have a current DBS registered with the Update Service
- Applicants must also be able to provide a minimum of three professional references including your most recent employer (academic references can also be considered
Apply today for more information!
Go to all jobs