Salary: £7.83 to £9.46 /hour
Simply Supply are proud to be recruiting for an excellent charity, who exist to enhance the lives of disabled children adults and their families.
As an experienced and qualified Support Worker you will support children and young adults with varying disabilities, and their families by providing a wide range of services including:
- Providing full personal care
- Assisting with engaging age appropriate activities
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Requirements of the role of Support Worker:
- Always working to achieve person centred care, trust and respect.
- This is a full time post, 37 hours a week
- Support workers are required to cover various shifts including: mornings, day care, evenings, weekends and occasional sleep-ins each month. During school holidays, additional hours may be required.
- Responsible to the Assistant Manager and/or Registered Manager
- Activities will include accessing opportunities in the community and encouraging independence skills.
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Support Worker:
- An appropriate Level 3 NVQ certificate in Care or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
- 25 days annually rising to 28 after five years’ service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Benefit Programme
- Paid sickness after 3 months
- Ongoing training and development
- £7.83ph pay rate increasing to £9.46ph.
After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to attend an interview at our Fareham office. You will be required to provide us with 3 references, 2 of these being teaching or childcare related.
Go to all jobs