Salary: £8.21 to £9.84 /hour
Simply Supply are urgently recruiting for full time, permanent Support Workers located in Southampton.
As an experienced and qualified Support Worker you will support children and young adults with varying disabilities, and their families by providing a wide range of services including:
- Providing full personal care
- Providing support and guidance in all tasks
- Assisting with engaging age appropriate activities
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Requirements of the role of Support Worker:
- Always working to achieve person centred care, trust and respect.
- This is a full time post, 37 hours a week
- Support workers are required to cover various shifts including: mornings, day care, evenings, weekends and occasional sleep-ins each month. During school holidays, additional hours may be required.
- Responsible to the Assistant Manager and/or Registered Manager
- You must be keen to work with disabled people and to demonstrate empathy and compassion
- Activities will include accessing opportunities in the community and encouraging independence skills.
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Support Worker:
- An appropriate Level 3 NVQ certificate in Health & Social Care or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
In return you can expect to receive:
- Competitive salary starting from £8.21 to £9.84 per hour depending on the hours worked.
- 25 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after 5 years continuous service.
- Full induction and training is provided
- Contributory pension scheme
- Support in studies and further education.
- Training and development
- Increased hourly wage for working unsocial hours.
Please apply today further information!
Go to all jobs