Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Salary: £9.00 to £12.00 /hour
Are you a qualified Teaching Assistant with relevant experience of working with and supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Do you have experience in supporting children or adults with Disabilities including; Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
- We are currently recruiting Teaching Assistants to work within local SEN schools who cater for pupils with needs from ages 2-19 years
- Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children or adults in a similar role and have necessary up to date training including Manual handling and Team Teach
- You will support and take direction from the class teacher so you must be a team player with an adaptable approach to your work
About Simply Supply
- Simply Supply is an independently owned, specialist recruitment business working with schools and nurseries across the North East & Hampshire
- We are recruiting Teaching Assistants with special educational needs experience for immediate starts across Newcastle
- We can offer both day to day supply opportunities, as well as long term contracts with local SEN (and mainstream) schools
- We offer an extremely friendly and professional service to our candidates and clients alike, and take a lot of pride in the way that we work
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be required to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups
- You will work as part of a very close team of staff
- You need to follow the direction of other permanent staff, including the class teacher to ensure the safety of the pupils is always a priority
- Up to date Manual Handling training is preferred but not essential
We can offer both full and part time hours, and we also have fantastic opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally candidates will hold a Grade C or above in English and Maths and hold a relevant qualification in Special Educational Needs
- 6 months recent experience in this field is essential
Benefits of the job:
- We offer supply pay rates between £9 – £12ph per hour
- Flexible working to suit your needs
- Full and part time hours available
After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to talk through your experience in more detail. Should you be shortlisted you will then be asked to attend an interview at our Wallsend office. You will be required to provide us with at least three references and if you do not have a DBS registered with the Update Service, we will apply for a new DBS at a subsidised cost of £22.
Go to all jobs