Salary: £7.83 to £9.46 /hour
As an experienced and qualified Support Worker you will support children and young adults with varying disabilities, and their families by providing a wide range of services including:
- Providing full personal care
- Assisting with engaging age appropriate activities
- Undertake and share domestic tasks with the team
Requirements of the role of Support Worker:
- Always working to achieve person centred care, trust and respect.
- This is a full time post, 37 hours a week
- Support workers are required to cover various shifts including: mornings, day care, evenings, weekends and occasional sleep-ins each month. During school holidays, additional hours may be required.
- Responsible to the Assistant Manager and/or Registered Manager
- Activities will include accessing opportunities in the community and encouraging independence skills.
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Support Worker:
- An appropriate Level 3 NVQ certificate in Care or the commitment to undertake a qualification is essential and needs to be completed within an agreed time frame.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities.
- The physical capacity to partake in the moving and handling of service users.
- The ability to follow programmes, care plans and risk assessments.
Benefits of the job:
- Competitive salary starting from £7.83 per hour
- 25 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after 5 years continuous service.
- Full induction and training is provided
- Support in studies and further education.
- Increased hourly wage for working unsocial hours.
In order to be considered for this role, contact Simply Supply today for further details
Go to all jobs