Salary: £25,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year
Simply Supply are working on behalf of an OFSTED graded ‘Good’ Nursery located in Central Southampton, who are urgently recruiting for a Nursery Manager to look after their setting!
They are looking for a someone who is motivated to grow and develop the Nursery to be the best they can possibly be.
- A genuine enthusiasm for and an inspirational approach to helping young children develop through play
- Demonstrable leadership qualities able to motivate and develop others and self
- Enthusiasm for the work and values of the organisation
- Ability to engage the community and build relationships with parents
- Demonstrable ability to achieve sales targets
- Strong advocate of early years with an excellent understanding of the differing developmental needs of children and an ability to draw on academic research and evidence to drive best practice
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to set and manage complex budgets.
- Hold a minimum of level 5 early years qualification, but ideally level 6 Early Years Teacher Status or willingness to work towards such qualification.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in an early years setting.
- Evidence of achieving high quality of care, over and above that required by EYFS
- Hold level 4 safeguarding qualification or willingness to work towards.
- An ability to set and manage complex budgets
- Good working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel and Access (training will be given on Connect nursery database software)
- Understanding of the role a nursery plays in wider community development
- Possess a current full driving licence
- First aid qualification (or willingness to train)
- Knowledge of health and safety and ability to complete risk assessments
- Demonstrable ability to meet targets
- Understanding of ITERS and ECERS
- Skills in mentoring and coaching staff and students
- Evidence of further continual professional development
- Knowledge of wider cultural differences and how to support this.
Salary is between £25,000-£36,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to attend an interview at our Fareham office. You will be required to provide us with 3 references, 2 of these being teaching or childcare related.
Please apply TODAY to make sure you don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
Go to all jobs