New Forest, Hampshire
Salary: £16,750.00 to £24,500.00 /year
Can you be a positive role model who can build trusting relationships with young people?
Do you have the energy, passion and commitment to make a difference?
Simply Supply are proud to be recruiting for a specialist child care provider located in the New Forest, that works with challenging young people through long term residential placements in their care homes, where they promote a sense of family and encourage the staff team to promote activities and interests that support our young people to build self-esteem and emotional resilience through attachment.
They are looking to recruit dynamic Support Workers who are committed to providing our young people with a safe and supportive environment.
Working at this organisation can be challenging, but also hugely rewarding to see the positive impact of the work they do. They require all of their employees to be committed, reliable, safe and positive role models for the young people we care for.
Purpose of the role
- To act as a positive adult role model for the young people within their residential homes
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment to support, advise and guide their young people to develop social, emotional and physical well-being;
- To help them develop self-esteem, a feeling of safety and develop personal strategies to deal with unhelpful behaviour and thoughts, and ultimately to achieve their optimum potential.
- To support and contribute to the smooth day to day running of all aspects in the home including finances
- To provide consistent, high quality service that supports the assessed needs of residents and to advocate for their well being
- To actively promote and engage in promoting creativity, openness and a strong team working ethic
- To support a culture where people are valued and supported to make a difference to the lives of others
- Unless a relevant Child Care Diploma Level 3 (or equivalent qualification) is already held, the post holder will be expected to enrol on the relevant Child Care Diploma Level 3 course within six months of employment and to successfully complete the qualification within two years
- To successfully complete in-house probation training
- To demonstrate good personal qualities – honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, resilience
- To maintain own continuous development by attending required training
- To engage with receiving regular supervision and appraisals
Are you interested in finding out more? Then please don’t hesitate to apply today!
Reference ID: IND SE1
Go to all jobs