Salary: £120.00 to £170.00 /day
- An experienced and qualified Design Technology Teacher is required for a short-term contract in the summer term, starting ASAP
- This is a full-time role based at a small, supportive alternative education centre for learners aged 11 to 16-years-old.
Responsibilities for the role of Design Technology Teacher – SEN:
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
- Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
- Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
- Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
Qualifications and skills
- At least 6 months RECENT experience working as a Teacher in Secondary Schools in the UK (familiar with the UK curriculum)
- Ideally you will hold a Design Technology teaching qualification
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS)
- Applications from NQT’s and Cover Supervisors are also welcome
Benefits of the job:
- Contract position – no further commitment required
- We can offer daily rates ranging between £120 – £170 a day, depending on experience and responsibilities
- Weekly payroll service and a secure online portal where you can manage your availability, process your timesheets and view your pay
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY.
Go to all jobs