CONTRACT – Teacher of Science (with QTS)
Simply Supply are actively seeking an experienced and qualified Science Teacher in the Haslemere area of Surrey to join a successful Science department. We would like to hear from qualified Science Teachers who will ensure that excellent standards of teaching are maintained.
This is a long term, full-time contract starting in January 2018 for the Spring and Summer terms. You will be offered a pay rate which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
Teaching responsibilities including;
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
* Applicants must have recent UK classroom experience of teaching Science to Key Stage 3 & Key Stage 4 students
* You must have QTS or QTLS to be able to teach in mainstream schools in the UK
* Relevant teaching qualifications are essential
* In return the school are willing to offer performance related pay in return for their hard work and dedication.
* The successful candidate will be required to undertake a new DBS unless previously registered with the update service and to provide a minimum of three employment and/or academic references (including your most recent employer).
* For further information and to apply, please contact Abi McDowell at Simply Supply.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: Two terms
Pay: £115 – £165 per day