Design Technology Teacher (with QTS)
An experienced and qualified Design Technology Teacher with QTS is required for a short-term contract in the summer term, starting after Easter 2018. This is a full-time role based at a small, supportive alternative education centre for learners aged 11 to 16-years-old. The national curriculum is delivered within a flexible and nurturing environment that recognises individual needs.
The centre provides short-term placements for young people in the Basingstoke area who need additional behavioural, emotional or medical support. It is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ Academy school. A strong wrap-around approach at the Academy enables learners to build their confidence, overcome barriers to learning and progress to a positive next step.
With a Senior Leadership Team who are very passionate about delivering the best education to their pupils they are looking to employ a dedicated Teacher of Design Technology for the summer term, full time.
Responsibilities for the role of Design Technology Teacher – SEN:
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with
Qualifications and skills
* At least 6 months RECENT experience working as a Teacher in Secondary Schools in the UK (familiar with the UK curriculum)
* Ideally you will hold a Design Technology teaching qualification
* Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS)
* If you are overseas-qualified, the qualification must be confirmed as equivalent by UK NARIC
* Applications from NQT’s and Cover Supervisors are also welcome
Benefits of the job:
* Contract position – no further commitment required
* We can offer daily rates ranging between £120 – £170 a day, depending on experience and responsibilities
* Weekly payroll service and a secure online portal where you can manage your availability, process your timesheets and view your pay
About Simply Supply:
* We are a local Hampshire based independent business who are specialists in the education and childcare sector
* We work SOLELY with primary, secondary and SEN schools, early years organisations and day nurseries across Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth
* Our dedicated and experienced Consultants are very specialist in these fields and will provide you with their expert knowledge to help secure the right role for you
* We are preferred and recommended suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY
Job Type: Temporary – Short Term
Start Date: April 2018
Duration: One term
Pay: £120 – £172 per day
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWJpTS43MDU4MS44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →