English Teacher – Key Stage 3 & 4 (with QTS)
Simply Supply are actively recruiting an experienced and qualified English Teacher with QTS to cover a short term contract, starting in April 2018 until July 2018 to be based within one of our reputable client schools in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
The schools itself is large in size, on the outskirts of Portsmouth but easily accessible via public transport and has a good track record for top results within its English department.
This is a full-time contract starting after the Easter break, and could potentially lead to a permanent position for the right candidate.
We are looking for applications from qualified English Teacher’s who hold QTS and are dedicated and enthusiastic; being keen to work as part of a close team whilst delivering the highest standards of teaching to both key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils.
Teaching responsibilities including
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
* You will be offered a daily pay rate ranging between £115-£162 and which is in keeping with your experience and the job requirements
* Ongoing support from SLT and colleagues
* Working as part of a close team
About Simply Supply
* We are a local Hampshire based independent business who are specialists in the education and childcare sector
* We work SOLELY with primary, secondary and SEN schools, early years organisations and day nurseries across Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth
* Our dedicated and experienced Consultants are very specialist in these fields and will provide you with their expert knowledge to help secure the right role for you
* We are preferred and recommended suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY
Job Type: Temporary – Short Term
Start Date: April 2018
Duration: One term
Pay: £115 – £162 per day
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.