Forest School / Outdoor Pre-School Manager
Forest School / Outdoor Pre-School Manager – Fixed 6 Month Contract
Salary: Starting at £22000
Hours: Monday – Friday 40 hours per week – Worked across 07:45am – 18:00pm
Simply Supply are recruiting for a lovely nursery in Romsey who have recently moved their pre-school outdoors into a marquee classroom. They have also nearly reached the end of the planning stages to build a 40 place on site pre-school log cabin.
A fantastic opportunity to manage and lead an established ‘Good’ rated outdoor woodland pre-school team.
Who we are looking for as a Forest Schools / Outdoor Pre-School Manager:
- Initially a 6 month fixed contract, pending the success of the role, we could look to make this position permanent.
- We are looking for an experienced pre-school manager, ideally forest school qualified* (or looking to work towards the qualification).
- You must have experience in leading a busy pre-school and you must have experience in teaching children in an outdoor environment.
- Working with the nursery operations manager, the pre-school lead and the director, we are looking for a special person who is going to hit the ground running, enhance our current space and be an integral part of developing our new purpose built pre-school / forest school with us.
Requirements of a Forest Schools / Outdoor Pre-School Manager:
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in early years/working with young children
- Forest school level 3 (or outdoor learning qualifications)
- Safeguarding knowledge and experience
- Ability to demonstrate experience in managing a pre-school setting
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to do multitask.
- The desire to be developing, caring for and teaching young children OUTDOORS.
- Utilising nature, space, fresh air and fewer early years resources.
- Strong delegation skills.
- Not shy away from your own ideas, share your views and be a do-er!
- Have a working and up-to-date knowledge of the EYFS and how to diversify into outdoor learning.
- Be a real team player – Have the desire to get to know our team and support our current pre-school lead.
Be fun, have an understanding of how to manage staff wellbeing and of course the children’s/not take yourself too seriously!
Apply with your CV today!