History & Humanities Teacher – one term from January 2018
Simply Supply are currently recruiting an experienced History or Humanities Teacher for a school located on the outskirts of Southampton. This is a full time contract position starting in January 2018 and will continue until March 2018.
You will be offered a daily pay rate which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements ranging between £119.67 – £162.11 per day.
Teaching responsibilities include:
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an up to date DBS check or complete a new application and you must be able to provide a minimum of three professional/academic references, including your most recent employer.
For further information and to apply, please contact Abi McDowell or Sonia Watton.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: One term
Pay: £119 – £162 per day
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWJpTS40NTkzNy44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →