JANUARY START – Teacher of RE (with QTS) in Basingstoke
We have a requirement for an experienced and qualified Teacher of Religious Education to join a dedicated department at a secondary school in Basingstoke, Hampshire. We would like to hear from RE specialists who can ensure that excellent standards of teaching are delivered and maintained.
This is a long term, full-time contract starting in January 2018 until the end of term. You will be offered a salary which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements.
We also have a full-time opportunity for a History Teacher in the same school, also for the Spring and Summer terms.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
At Simply Supply we are recognised for delivering fantastic customer service, listening to our clients and candidates needs and wants and making sure their needs and wants are met as much as possible.
Applicants MUST hold QTS to be able to teach in mainstream schools and have recent and up to date experience of teaching the UK curriculum to secondary pupils. NQTs will be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
* Qualified Teacher Status
* At least one years teaching experience in KS3 and 4 in Science, including Science, Biology, Maths, Physics, Chemistry
You will be required to register with Simply Supply and we will take up a minimum of three employment and/or academic references, including your most recent employer. We will also need to carry out an Enhanced DBS check.
We can also offer daily supply work to ALL specialist Secondary Teachers paying a minimum of £110 per day. Please call for details.
To apply for this role please contact Abi McDowell, Education Consultant or apply today and we will be in touch.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: Two terms
Pay: £115 – £165 per day
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWJpTS4yMjA5My44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →