KS3 & KS4 Cover Supervisor – Portsmouth
Simply Supply are now recruiting professional individuals who wish to work as a Cover Supervisor in secondary schools in Portsmouth. This role would suit candidates who have previous experience of working in schools or colleges as well as those who feel they have the skills to deliver lessons to students aged 11- 16, confidently.
No planning, marking, assessment or parents’ evenings will be required. You must however be prepared to follow the planning from the class teacher.
You will need to have a keen interest in teaching and the ability to interact with teenagers in a professional manner to create a positive learning environment. Those wishing to move into a teaching career will be supported in doing so. No formal professional qualifications are required however applicants should have a good educational background from school/college to enable you to deliver lessons to a good standard, and be able to answer questions from students.
As a Cover Supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
* Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
* Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
* Ensuring that resources are available in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons
* Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work
* Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
* dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
* Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
* Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
In return you will receive between £9.00 – £15.00 per hour pay, you will be offered support and training and flexible working conditions.
There is also the potential to be offered a SCITT programme (school-centred initial teacher training).
For this chance to make a real difference to young people’s lives please call us for further details and speak to Abi McDowell.
Suitable applicants will be required to register with Simply Supply and provide details of at least 3 professional/academic references (including your most recent employer) and carry out an up to date DBS application.
Job Type: Temporary – Short Term
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Ongoing supply
Pay: £9 – £15 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.