Nursery Manager (Level 5)
Simply Supply are working in partnership with a very busy day nursery for children aged 0-5 years in central Portsmouth, who have an opening for an experienced and qualified Nursery Manager, starting from April 2018.
You will be directly responsible for senior staff and Nursery Practitioners, whilst managing and overseeing the whole setting. You will also be responsible for overseeing the suitable learning and play activities on a daily basis, ensuring that standards are being met by all of the staff in delivering a high quality of care to the children in the nursery.
Responsibilities for the role of Nursery Manager
* Working 39 hours a week, the shift pattern would vary between 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
* Manage all financial aspects of the nursery
* Promoting the Day Centre to the local community
* Managing the staff and delegating tasks to the team, as required
* Liaising and working closely with parents
Qualifications and experience required for the role of Nursery Manager
* Ideally hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Management)
* Foundation Degree or HND in an Early Years subject
* Ideally candidates will have at least two years’ management experience
* Ability to work with multiple agencies
* Able to lead and manage a team
* Have up to date knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
* Have experience with Ofsted inspections and improving standards
Benefits of the job:
* Salary starting at £27,500 per annum
* Can be flexible in working hours – 39 hours between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
* Competitive holiday entitlement – 25 days plus bank holidays
For more details and to apply please get in touch today.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: £27500 – £28000 per annum
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.