Simply Supply are the largest Independent Education Supply Agency on the Hampshire County Council Tender List.
We are currently working on behalf of a childcare group with over 30 settings who are recruiting for an experienced Nursery Manager to start with them to open a flagship Nursery located in North Andover.
As the Nursery Manager of a brand new setting you must have the ability to inspire and develop a completely new staff team and ensure that the nursery provides the best possible care that it can. You must be able to build relationships with all parents, staff and the wider community.
The company aim to provide a stimulating and secure environment where children can physically and emotionally develop at their own pace.
The group have multiple values that they wish for all members of staff to follow. They believe that if all values are followed correctly then they will deliver the best possible outcomes and services for all children, young people and families.
Your responsibilities will be:
* To provide outstanding leadership and management of the Nursery.
* To maintain and inspirational and exciting child-led, play based curriculum utilising outdoors space as much as possible.
* To recruit, train, manage, support and inspire an excellent staff team with the ability to meet the needs of all children in our care.
* To ensure that the nursery is ran as a business, monitoring and writing an annual budget and implementing sales and marketing plans so that the setting achieves incomes and occupancy targets.
* To work alongside other group Nursery Managers, sharing good practice.
* To ensure you act in the interests of your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
* To maintain full legislative and regulatory approval for the nursery. This includes seeking an OFSTED score of ‘Outstanding’
* You must have a genuine enthusiasm and an inspirational approach to helping children develop through play.
* You must have excellent communication skills.
* An ability to manage and set complex budgets.
* You must have a strong and excellent understanding of the differing developmental needs of Children.
* You must have demonstrable leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and develop others.
* You must be enthusiastic and committed to the Nursery.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
* Hold a minimum of a Level 5 Early Years Qualification but it is desirable for a candidate to have achieved a Level 6 in Early Years. If you do hold a Level 5, you must be willing to work towards achieving your Level 6 or higher.
* A Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in an early years setting.
* Ability to provide evidence of achieving high quality of care above and beyond that required by EYFS.
* Hold a Level 4 safeguarding qualification or willingness to work towards.
* Be computer literate within Windows, Word, Excel & Access.
* Possess a full driving licence.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety and ability to completely risk assessments.
* A First Aid qualification, or willingness to learn.
It is desirable for the candidate to:
* Have understanding of ECERS and ITERS.
* Have skills in mentoring and coaching.
* Knowledge of cultural differences and how to support this.
If this position sounds like its for you, then please apply! If you would like to find out some more information, please contact Sally Swann at Simply Supply.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: 02/10/2017
Pay: £30000 – £34000 per annum
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bmljb2xlbC45ODA3Mi44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →