Nursery Nurse Level 3 (full time)
Simply Supply are working with a local preschool in Portchester, Fareham who have an opportunity for a dedicated and qualified Nursery Nurse to join their team on a permanent basis.
If you have previous experience of working with children aged 0-5 years and are a qualified Nursery Nurse with at least a Level 2 certificate in Childcare; then we’d like to hear from you.
The position is full time, working 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday – just 49 weeks a year – you must be passionate about working with and supporting young children at such a vital time in their early lives.
Responsibilities and Duties of Nursery Nurse
* To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
* To help to set up the room(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
* To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
* Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
* To advise the Pre-school Manager/supervisor of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
* To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
* To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
* To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
* To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
* To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
* To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
* To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
* To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
Qualifications and Skills of Nursery Nurse
* Minimum Level 2 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent)
* Previous childcare experience working with 0-5 year olds
* Have a good level of both written and verbal communication
* Willingness to learn.
* Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
* Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
* Knowledge of Safeguarding/child protection procedures.
Benefits for Nursery Nurse
* Salary of £16,000 – £16,500 depending on skills and experience
About Simply Supply:
* We are a local Hampshire based independent business who are specialists in the education and childcare sector
* We work SOLELY with primary, secondary and SEN schools, early years organisations and day nurseries across Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth
* Our dedicated and experienced Consultants are very specialist in these fields and will provide you with their expert knowledge to help secure the right role for you
* We are preferred and recommended suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
For more details on this post please APPLY TODAY
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: £16000 – £16500 per annum
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.