Nursery Practitioner (Permanent)
Website Simply Supply
Education and Childcare Recruitment
Nursery Practitioner – Level 3 (Permanent)
Hours: 37 hours per week over a5-day working pattern. Shifts will vary between two working patterns and will be given in advance-
Either 7.45am-5.45pm over 4 days Monday to Friday with one full day off or
5 days a week working 8.00-3.00 and 8.00-4.30
Therefore we require a practitioner who can be flexible to meet these requirements.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
We are recruiting for a Level 3 Nursery Practitioner for a lovely nursery in the Andover area.
Requirements of being a Nursery Practitioner:
· Full and relevant Level 3 or higher qualification in Early Years Care and Education
· Experience of supporting SEND and EAL children including following Positive behaviour management plans and meeting the diverse needs of the children with compassion, sensitivity and a positive attitude
· Self confidence in using a range of IT programmes such as Microsoft Office and online Learning Journals
· A high standard of written and spoken English language to support report writing for a range of purposes
· The capacity to commit to the working hours-This is a full time nurseries with set shift patterns.
Main duties of a Nursery Practitioner:
· To maintain high standards across all areas of your practice-role modelling to staff and children alike with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and ensuring best practices are promoted at all times.
· Implement the nurseries policies and procedures to ensure the welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework are met.
· Collaborate with the team in the planning of appropriate experiences for children, to meet the learning and development requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
· Participate in the planning, assessment, recording and reporting, in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
· Complete daily, weekly and termly updates to parents through the Parentzone online Learning Journal-creating observations and assessments that show a high level of written English and attention to detail.
· Take on the role of key person for a designated group of children-building nurturing relationships that enable you to gain an indepth knowledge of the needs and next steps of each child.
· To support the nursery Positive Behaviour Management strategies with groups or individual children-understand and implement IEP’s, EHCP’s and other plans in place.
· To support Communication and language development through the use of Language box and phonics sessions.
· To build positive professional relationships with parents/carers and other professionals in line with the requirements of the EYFS Statutory Framework.
· Assist in providing effective links with parents on a day-to-day basis regarding the welfare, learning and development of the children.
· Take a shared responsibility for standards of safety, security, hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the Nursery.
· Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in bathroom, nappy changing, food preparation and service areas.
· Take a shared responsibility for the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the Nursery.
· Participate in the nursery’s performance management review process and access any necessary training or professional development and to keep up to date with current practices and research. This includes an indepth induction and probation period, followed by regular supervisions and annual appraisals.
· Strive every day to be the best you can be and support your colleagues to do the same through positive morale building and mentoring.
· Treat all staff, children and parents with courtesy and kindness at all times.
· To undertake any other tasks as requested by the Manager or Room Manager which are necessary for the smooth running of the nursery
· To attend out of hours meetings, training and PR advents
· To stay after hours if a child’s parents are late collecting
Please apply today with your CV