Pre-School Manager (Permanent)
Website Simply Supply Ltd
Education and Childcare Recruitment
Pre-School Manager (Permanent)
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Mon to Fri – Term Time Only
Start date: September 2021
A lovely pre-school in Hambledon are looking for a Pre-School Manager for a September 2021 start.
Pre-School Manager – Responsibilities:
· Reporting directly to Chair of Committee of Trustees.
· Line manager for all Preschool staff
· The Preschool Manager will inspire and lead the Preschool staff to provide safe, high quality education and care for each child that attends the preschool.
· In addition to taking the lead in the Management of the setting, this role is also the key partner between the setting and the Committee of Trustees, working with them to provide the vision and delivery of the ethos of Preschool
· The Preschool Manager will monitor and evaluate practices, policies and process that support children’s education, development, and wellbeing.
· The role requires good communication skills, high levels of motivation and able to work under pressure.
· It will include managing multiple priorities and planning.
· Ensure that the setting plans an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation stage curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
· To ensure that all staff understand and work to the preschool nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints, and emergencies.
· To organise and participate in the key worker system.
· To conduct staff appraisals and supervisions as appropriate and to identify staff training needs.
· To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of the children and families (e.g., networking with local primaries to ensure smooth transitions).
· To ensure that the safeguarding and welfare, learning and development requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage, Ofsted and other legislative requirements are met.
Requirements of a Pre-School Manager
· Level 4 (ideally 5) Children and Young person’s workforce (or equivalent)
· Previous management experience in an Early Years setting; an in-depth working knowledge of the EYFS & current Ofsted Statutory Guidance.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
· A vision for developing the provision for the children and a willingness to try creative ideas.
· Happy to face and commit to challenges.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Administrative and good IT skills.
· Calm and caring nature.
· Able to work on own initiative.
· Ability to work as part of a team and to inspire and motivate the team, working alongside the rest of the team, recognising, and developing their strengths.
· Commitment to young children and families.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional attitude.
· The ability to respect confidentiality of information.
· Reliable, enthusiastic, flexible personality
· Willingness to undertake further relevant training.
· Health cleared for the role.
· Designated Safeguarding lead Training.
· A Forest School qualification (or the willingness to train to acquire one).
· Relevant EY Paediatric First Aid Training.
· An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities.
Please apply today with your CV