SEN Learning Support Assistant (mornings only) IMMEDIATE START
* We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual to join a very supportive Junior school in Totton, Southampton as a Learning Support Assistant working with a young child with medical needs (full training will be given)
* This post is to work MORNINGS ONLY 8.30-12.30 (20 hours a week) and is to START IMMEDIATELY on an ongoing temporary basis
* There is scope for the hours to increase in the future
* You will support this pupil on a 1-2-1 basis within the classroom environment; due to the nature of his medical needs you must work closely with him and will be required to administer insulin and carry out blood tests. His condition can impact on his learning. You will liaise closely with the school SENDCO, diabetes team and the child’s parents.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Support their learning with numeracy and literacy and work closely with the class teacher
* Form a strong working relationship with the pupil to gain their trust
* You will have previous experience of working with children and/or adults with similar needs
Qualifications and Skills
* Applicants must have a good educational background with a minimum of Grade C in English and Maths
* Ideal applicants will hold a relevant Teaching Assistant qualification
* In return our client school offer an extremely supportive approach and you will work closely with the class teacher and SENDCO to ensure you are supported in this role
* Working on a long term supply basis you can expect to be paid £8.41 per hour
* We offer a free weekly payroll service
* Online timesheets which are completed via our secure online portal
For more details on this post please contact Maddie Humphrey today.
If you are successfully shortlisted for this role you will be asked to attend a registration interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire and we will need to take up a minimum of three references (including your most recent employer) Academic references will also be considered.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Ongoing supply
Pay: £8.41 – £9.41 per hour
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFkZGllaC4zNzM3My44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →