SEN Teaching Assistant (Driver)
Website Simply Supply Ltd
Education and Childcare Recruitment
SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £65 – £75/day
Simply Supply are working with a big SEMH trust in Bournemouth who are in need of Teaching Assistants. The school caters for boys who are aged 11 – 16 that struggle to be in a mainstream school setting. Upon visiting the school in Bournemouth the staff are very welcoming and have worked hard to create an environment that flows to make the students feel more comfortable. The school is home to 52 students, with classes being no bigger than 10 per class with one teacher and one teaching assistant to a class.
The school are looking for someone to be able to work 1:1 with a student who presents challenging behaviour. You will be helping him with his work and finding innovative ways to keep him engaged with his work.
The type of person the school are looking for is someone who has had experience with SEMH and knows the challenges. They are looking for someone who is flexible, resilient and able to think on their feet. The school really like people who are ambitious and wants to progress within the school as they are happy to help the right people train and progress.
In order to be considered for this position, all applicants must:
- have previous experience working in line with the UK national curriculum
- You MUST be a DRIVER with BUSINESS insurance or willing to add it to your policy
- hold a current and clear DBS
- be able to commit to the full duration of the contract
- have a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire all who they teach
- have experience with SEMH and knows the challenges
In return we offer:
- competitive rates of pay
- the support from our team of dedicated education coordinators
- associated pay benefits, including a longer working day allowance, meal allowance and travel expenses
- opportunities to aid your professional development, via free training courses.
Please apply today with your CV