Special Needs Teaching Assistant (Yr R) 1-year contract
We are working closely with a lovely, local school in Andover who are expanding and they are currently recruiting an experienced Special Needs Assistant to work on a one to one basis with a young child on the autistic spectrum in their Early Years provision.
We are looking for experienced individuals who have a passion to support children with additional needs, ideally with recent knowledge of the autistic spectrum; and someone who is well educated and has the ability to work as part of a close team.
This is a one-year fixed term contract to start immediately and is to work between 25-30 hours a week, term time only. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Applicants must have the following qualities and experience:
* Is child-centred and willing to be a key person for the young person concerned.
* Has experience working with children on the Autistic Spectrum
* Has some experience of working in Early Years (Year R, Infant classrooms and Pre-School or Nursery).
* Enjoys playing alongside a child, making eye-contact to help the child link shared communication.
* Can communicate clearly and appropriately and help the child regain and maintain attention when required.
* Is passionate about Early Years education and is excited about the opportunity of working with young children.
* Has a flexible approach to help the child continue to develop his understanding of routine and simple instructions.
* Can encourage the child to participate in a variety of learning activities ( experiencing the use of Makaton, visual timetables, now/next boards).
* Understands the importance of being a guide for young children’s learning
* Wants to share the fun and excitement of learning together with a specific child.
Qualifications and Skills
* Applicants will be required to have a high standard of child care qualification or a degree (or a desire to acquire such qualification)
* Previous experience of supporting a child and/or children on the autistic spectrum or be able to demonstrate knowledge in this area
You will join a very reputable and expanding primary school in Andover who care a lot about their staff and offer ongoing support.
Salary will depend on your qualifications and experience and this will be discussed at interview..
You will work on a direct one-year fixed term contract with the school.
For further details on this role please contact Maddie Humphrey today.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: One year
Pay: £7.50 – £8.50 per hour
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWFkZGllaC4yMDk5Mi44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →