Teacher of DT & Resistant Materials (with QTS) – Fareham
Simply Supply are actively seeking an experienced Teacher of Resistant Materials in Fareham, Hampshire.
This is a long-term contract to start in January 2018 until the end of the academic year. The position could be offered to teachers wanting either full or part time role; full teaching responsibilities will be expected with both.
You will be offered a daily pay rate ranging between £115 – £165 per day which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements.
At Simply Supply we are recognised for delivering fantastic customer service, listening to our clients and candidates needs and wants and matching on these as much as possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
Applicants will have:
* At least 6 months recent experience working as a Teacher in Secondary Schools in the UK
* Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
* If you are overseas-qualified, the qualification must be confirmed as equivalent by UK NARIC
* Applications from NQT’s and Cover Supervisors are also welcome
As preferred suppliers to Hampshire County Council schools, Simply Supply are currently working with schools across the whole county including Gosport, Fareham, Portsmouth, Havant, Petersfield, Bordon, Alton, Guildford, Farnham, Fleet, Farnborough, Hook, Basingstoke, Andover, Salisbury, Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, Totton and the New Forest.
If you are shortlisted for this post you will be invited to an interview in our offices in Fareham, Hampshire where we will carry out stringent pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check (if you have a current DBS with the Update Service we can check this accordingly) and also request three references, including your most recent employer. Relevant academic references will also be considered.
* Performance related pay
* Support from a reputable school and their SLT
* Dedicated Consultant that has an in depth knowledge of the schools where you live and surrounding boroughs
* Online timesheets and booking system
* Update your availability at the click of a button
Please contact us today for further details or email your CV to our dedicated Secondary Consultant.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: Two terms
Pay: £115 – £165 per day