Teacher of English and Drama – 4 days a week
Simply Supply have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and dynamic teacher who is able to teach both English and Drama for a part time position starting in January 2018.
This position is to work 4 days per week and is available on an ongoing basis. The school is located in Fleet and they expect their teachers to deliver excellent standards of teaching and ensure they are maintained throughout all departments. You will take on full teaching responsibilities.
This is a long term, part-time contract starting in January with the potential of being offered a permanent post. You will be offered a daily pay rate which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements – ranging between £119.67 – £162.11 per day.
Teaching responsibilities include;
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a new DBS, unless previously registered with the update service and to provide a minimum of three employment and/or academic references including your most recent employer.
For further information and to apply, please contact Abi McDowell or Sonia Watton at Simply Supply.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Pay: £119 – £162 per day
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWJpTS42Nzc1MS44NTAzQHNpbXBseXN1cC5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20 →