Teacher of French and German (with QTS)
Simply Supply have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and dynamic teacher who is able to teach both French and German on a full time contract in Newbury, starting from January 2018.
The school itself has a ‘Good’ Ofsted and has been voted one of the top 100 in the UK. They are a large secondary school in a modern building with fantastic facilities.
This long term, full-time contract starting in January has a daily pay rate which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements – ranging between £119.67 – £162.11 a day.
Teaching responsibilities include;
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a new DBS, unless previously registered with the update service and to provide a minimum of three employment and/or academic references, including your most recent employer.
For further information and to apply, please contact Abi McDowell or Sonia Watton.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Duration: Two terms
Pay: £119 – £162 per day
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.