Teacher of Science (full time) Portsmouth
Simply Supply are actively seeking an experienced Science Teacher in the Portsmouth area to join a very successful Science department.
About the role of Science Teacher:
Teaching both key stage 3 & key stage 4 science lessons you will ensure that excellent standards of teaching are maintained. This is a long term, full-time contract starting in January 2018 with the potential of it becoming a permanent position. You will be offered a daily pay rate, which is in keeping with your experience and job requirements between £119.67 – £162.11 per day.
Requirements for the role of Science Teacher:
* Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
* Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
* Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
* Consider the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
* Always support student-centred learning and autonomy;
* Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
* Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
* Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school;
* Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
* Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
* Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
* Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
* Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
* Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
* Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
* Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
* Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
* Always communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values.
Suitability of applications will be subject to our pre-employment checks which include providing details of three professional/academic references (including your most recent employer) and an up to date DBS check.
For further information and to apply, please contact Abi McDowell at Simply Supply.
Job Type: Temporary – Long Term
Start Date: January 2018
Pay: £119 – £156 per day